Custom Search

Free Solar Power Information/Consultation...

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Buying Natural, Organic, Eco Friendly and Go Green Gifts.

Buying Natural, Organic, Eco friendly or Go Green Gifts.

*I just want to mention I am not affiliated with any of the plugs I mention in this article. The links are just examples.


So many people are jumping on the band wagon when it comes to “going green”. Getting “Green Gifts” will encourage this environmental health trend. I've been browsing the web looking for what I think are green gifts people could enjoy. I really don't want to get a bowl made out of an old record, that's just silly. No offense. So here is my top ten list of specific items. Most of these are under $50.00.


TOP 10 Go Green Gifts


#10- Organic Food and Cosmetics. Many wineries are branding their own unique styles of completely natural wine. Furthermore cosmetics companies are developing very popular skin care treatments, soaps, lotions and all that lady stuff. To find organic wine, this is by far the most popular link. Organic Wine Company For cosmetics. Google search for: Natural Cosmetics


#9- Eco Furniture and Accessories. These are quality textiles and home décor products that have either been made with recycled items or environmentally friendly consideration. I thought this was a really cool vase. Also Branch Home & metaForm Studio (if you favor recycling) will turn up some elegant results.



#8- Hemp Clothing. Hemp clothing has been a fad among small groups of “cannabis lovers and nature folk”; for more than a decade. Now it's really becoming just plain trendy. Hemp & Company has the hook up for females. For something geared towards men ORVIS will probably have you covered.



#7- Water Powered Clock. How often do we look for a clock? You probably have one in every room of your house 1-2 on you and another on your office desk. You might think that the energy consumption for a clock is low. Well it is, but also think about this; a water powered clock is saving even more watts by running on something we have almost an inexhaustible source of. If your wondering how it works, well I don't really know, but who cares? It will run for weeks without refilling it. This was almost in my number one spot, but I changed my mind due to recent political events, lol. You'll see what I mean when you read the #1 spot. the dimensions are : 6" x 4" x 2 1/2". You can check it out here. Or do a Google Search for: Water Powered Clock. I've seen some really nifty ones; from my research theres about 2 or 3 more popular models.



#6- Solar Charger. These are great for personal self-sufficiency. They charge a wide variety of plug in trickle charge devices. solio & Solar Style



#5- Stainless Steel Reusable Sports Bottle. We all should think about how many bottles of water we drink a day. Are we recycling? I'm personally considering purchasing a high quality water filtration or reverse osmosis system; then using stainless steal canteen instead of buying bottled water. eGeneralMedical+com has some sweet “water canteens”.



#4- Hand Crank Flash Lights, Radios, and Generators. This is “self powered energy”. Theres something that's empowering about not depending on batteries or another power source. I am totaly going to buy the coolest kinds of these items above that I can find. 21st Century Goods is at the top of my list for finding them.



#3- Solar Travel Bags that Charges Electronics. I see all kinds of different types of this particular item. What I would look for design wise is a solar bag that's very durable. Google Search: Solar Bags



#2- The Hybrid Solar Flashlight. I want one really, really bad!!! :)



#1- LED Tire Alert Pressure Indicators. If we all had these I'm sure we could solve the oil crisis that as Americans we all face. JK smile. Seriously I know how important it is to keep your tire pressure at the specified PSI. When I had a jeep there was a display that showed how many miles I was getting, in real time, per gallon. Every time I put the right amount of air in my tires my mileage per gallon went up. So that's why this is my #1 pick for Go Green Gifts. CustomEX

No comments: